Friday, August 20, 2010

Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant try their hand at a more serious film with Cemetery Junction


I only rented Cemetery Junction because it said written and directed by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant. Though I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much of other work of theirs I've seen. They made names for themselves as brilliant comedy writer/actors but with this film they have successfully proved they can write a more serious film. I wasn't sure if I liked the film until the end when it finally came together.  Some of the deleted scenes were very funny.  I'm guessing they took them out to maintain the more serious tone most of the film had.  The scenes with the coffee shop guy were funny.  I give it 3 out of 5 stars, speaking of which I want to think of some new thing instead of stars to rate movies with, any suggestions?







No comments: