Thursday, August 5, 2010

I just felt like ranting a little....


This started out as a Facebook status message I was typing but appearing status messages can't be more than 420 characters now, (when did they make that rule) so now I'm putting it here and expanding it some:
     I had a discussion with my grandmother yesterday about the proposed mosque to be built near ground zero (I read somewhere that the proposed spot where they want to built the mosque is actually a few blocks away from Ground Zero and not as close as the Teabaggers make it sound).  My grandmother said she agrees which the people protesting it. She said a mosque shouldn't be built near grand zero because the terrorists were Muslims. To which I replied, "Yes the terrorists were Muslim, however we can't then say all Muslims are bad. There have been many many Christians who killed people and did horrible things. Does that mean we shouldn't built any Christian churches anywhere near where a Christian did something horrible?" She said, "But this is different" and then changed the subject. But is it really different? I am not trying to attack Christians, I am just trying to make a point.  Thousands of murders were/are Christian but Americans never have said all Christians must be evil and bad.  No because Christians doesn't think they should all be blamed for what some Christians have done, then why should we blame all Muslims for what a few of them did.  Again I am not trying to attack Christians (or any religion) just making a point.  

No comments: